Saturday, April 18, 2009

a necessary change

so i picked up a cd walkman earlier this week. it's a mammoth of a device, but i have good reason for this odd switch. YES, i do have an Ipod.. so why change?... you might ask. well ever since i purchased my first Ipod years ago, i feel like i haven't really been checking out new bands or hearing much new music. and even though i have thousands of songs on my Ipod.. i ALWAYS end up playing the same songs over and over again. what's the point in having such a wide selection if i'm not going to select them? cus deep down i just wanna listen to the really good shit. but even with all these album i download i don't give them a chance to be heard in it's entirety. a lot of the new albums i download end up just more space filled in my Ipod. with a cd player, you are forced to listen to what you have. cus i remember back in the day whens i bought a cd, i would listen to the whole thing and find which songs i like and which ones i don't, cus i don't have much else to listen to. i'm hoping this necessary switch will help me appreciate music more, and learn to be more patient with music, cus lately all i've been looking for are those one hit K.O songs, that just hit you right away, cus i love those ones, how can you not. i burend a few cd's, so i can switch it up every now and then... this is what i have rotating: Meg & Dia - Here, here, and here, K-os - Atlantis, Metric - Fantasies, Bloc Party - Silent Alarm. i think i'm gonna burn some JT and Aaliyah soon. heres a picture of my baby....

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot to check this when you told me at Poor Alex. I agree with it 100%. Infact, I was just thinking about this prior to speaking to you about it. My ipod is filled with so many songs and people often ask me if I ever even listen to everything. I do. But sometimes when I'm really into some songs, I'll listen to those on repeat. With the option of filling our ipods with thousands of songs, it's true that we are less inclined to listen to a full album. Shitty! But I LOVE my ipod and all the songs that it allows me to have the option of listening to.

    ReplyDelete